Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tattoos

    I was not going to blog today because I didn't really have anything to say but.... I came across something & well the snark in me took over! I just have to put this out there.

*Before reading ahead let's get one thing clear here, this is my blog & I will say what I please. If you cannot handle it there is a small "x" at the top of the page & you can help yourself. Don't leave me some nasty comment about your tattoo & I do not need a justification as to why you have a permanent unicorn tattooed on your back. I do not mean any offense by this, it's just me being me, saying what I think. Ha! Who would have ever imagined! Carry on* 


    First let me start by saying YES, I do indeed have a tattoo & NO, I am NOT against tattoo's. I understand that tattoo's are the latest and greatest fad, most are in someway sentimental to the individual. What I do not understand is when I see a "hairdresser" get a scissor tattoo. (And Jaclyn if you do this I will make so much fun of you! Seriously reconsider!) There are a lot people who are passionate about their work. Accountants, Lawyer, Police Officers, Doctors, even Stay at home Momma are passionate about raising their babies.

    So that said, should an accountant get a ledger tattooed on their ankle, or a Lawyer get 'Lady Justice' on their back? Could you really take a officer serious if he walked up and had handcuff tattooed on their wrist? Absolutely not, I would burst out laughing & probably laugh all the way to the pokey. How could you really hear a diagnosis from a doctor who has a syringe tattooed down the inside of his arm? You just simply couldn't, it's not professional, but I know that hairdresser are not doctors.

    What about jobs that are deemed less professional, more of a blue collar jobs. For instance Mechanics or Construction workers. My husband is a mechanic & I would never allow him to get a engine rod tattooed on him or a chainsaw. Construction workers don't walk around with hammer & screwdrivers tattooed on them. Truck drivers do not have the 'Mac bulldog' tattooed on them. *Correction: Anyone could very well have any of these things tattooed on them. If they do well, I consider their tattoo's just as ridiculous as a pair of scissors. 

    We are from the land of hillbillies & hicks, I know people around here get some of the stupidest tattoo's.  Some including favorite race car drivers, vehicle brands, pot leaves, etc. I think all of those are just as stupid. I guess what I am getting at the fact that you* have to live with these tattoo's forever.


*Yes, I say "YOU" not me so why should I give a crap, but let's be realistic here. 


    I just hope you don't have to have a conversation someday that go a little like this, "Yes sonny, that there is a merrywanny leaf. Pappy here just use to smoke a little herb back in his day"

    While I think some tattoo's are totally stupid, some are very meaningful. I have seen mothers who have lost babies get tattoo's in honor. Nothing show's pride like a old solider or sailor walking around with a tattoo to represent their time served. It's is on their arm just like it will always be on their hearts.

   Just imagine if everyone in the 70's got tattoo's related to that generation & their lifestyles. We would have a bunch of former hippies walking around with unicorns, rainbows, purple dragons & whatever else they happened to experience while on a acid induced trip. People in the 80's would have eight tracks & atari tattoos. Individuals of the 90's would probably have beanie babies & furbies tattoo's for heaven sake.

    I just hope that before you get your next tattoo you remember that in 20 you probably won't still be a hairdresser & you people probably won't even know who was the "World's Greatest Nascar driver" was.

    One last thing, if you do decided to get those handcuffs please, PLEASE go to someone that is reputable. My mom once worked with a girl who wanted her brother to tattoo a "shroom" (Yes, Mushroom  that you ingest & get incredibly high) on her back. Her dearest brother was much obliged, he gave her a tattoo alright. Can you imagine being 15 and super excited about this new tattoo that your totally awesome older brother gave you. I bet you are dying to get to first hour and show all the other girls & guys how awesome you are cause you got a tattoo. Too bad her brother tattoo a penis on her sholder blade, YES you read that right, A PENIS FOREVER ON HER BACK!!!! 

    Now back to your regularly scheduled programing....

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Do I know the person with the supposed mushy penis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure she is around her anymore. Mom worked with her at the hospital when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete