Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's not always about giving up....

As many of you know today is Fat Tuesday & tomorrow beings the 40 days of Lent. While most people sacrifice a vice, like the sacrifice that Christ made while he trekked the desert for 40 days, you do not have to "give up" things. You can commit to make yourself a better person, you can commit to work on relationships with Christ, family, friends, etc.

And I'm sure you know I am not Catholic & I do not know the "in's & out's" of Lent, but I am up for any reason to make myself a better person. I am going to do more than one thing for Lent and I am blogging about it to help keep myself accountable. I sure hope that when the Monday after Easter rolls around I continue to carry on with the GOOD that I have committed to and I won't miss the not so good I have left behind.

  • I am going to read to my boys every single night.
  • I am going to attend Church.
  • I am NOT going yell & lose my temper, instead stop and ask God for self-control.
  • I am gong to shut off my computer at 6:00p & spend the time that I would have been on the computer doing nothing, with my family. (Now this does not mean that I won't be online after 6:00, I just won't be on here aimlessly doing nothing.)
  • I am going to keep my laundry done & my house tidy
  • I am going to blog 3 times a week
  • I am going to avoid MWOP & JM (sorry not everyone know what I am talking about here, but if you do... you should do the same thing :))
  • Donate to charity



At the end of the 40 days I hope that I am 100% successful. If not I hope that I am at least a little bit better of a person. I guess that is really all that matters, Right?

So, are you giving up or committing to do something up for lent? If so, I would love to hear what you are doing & why.



All my love-
Whitney


2 comments:

  1. Can't stand MWOP... But I'll just leave my two cents at that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Catholic but not practicing. with that being said, I love that you are doing this. like really, really love it! I will do my best to be my best....at least for the next 40 days!

    ReplyDelete