Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bedtime routine update:

Well, last night did not go exactly as planned but it was a step in the right direction.

I got home from a meeting & Jake tells me that Jace stuck something in his ear. Well, CRAP! So I start questioning him & he says it hurts "weally weally bad mama, right here" (points at right ear). Well my mom just so happened to be working last night (she's a nurse) so I took him down to the hospital & had her look. Indeed he has a bulging ear drum and it was bright red. I contemplated taking him over to the E.R. & checking him in, but they had just received patients that were in a roll over accident. So I came home, grabbed Brily & headed up to Urgent Care.

I really was really impressed with how quickly they got us in & out, they were all business no waiting! Brily has had the same symptoms minus the ear pain & I assumed it was viral. I went ahead and took him because if it was not viral I would need medicine for him as well. Well luckily it was just viral on Brily's part. But, poor Jacer boy has a bulging ear drum & an bad ear infection. The doctor asked me if he got them frequently & he doesn't. This is actually his first ear infection, she said it did not look good. They filled his Rx there & gave him his first dose, we loaded up and headed home. It took us longer to drive to UC than to be seen.

So on the way home I called Jake & told him to get the bath water ready. We got home & instantly put the boys in the tub. Jake bathed them while I made something quick to eat since we didn't have a very big dinner, only a snack before we left. I could not send them to bed hungry. They ate, we brushed teeth & took medicines. Then for the fun part, they were in bed at 9:40p and they were NOT pleased with the fact that they were not getting to watch a movie. I knew they were both sleepy because they had played hard that day & they only slept for maybe 10 minutes in the car. I couldn't really control that, no matter how hard I tried if they want to sleep they do. So I kissed them goodnight & left the room, with in minutes someone had to "potty." After a little chat to inform them that if they did get out of bed again, they would be in trouble. Well it wasn't 10 minutes & the door was opened again. Jace was up playing & had the light on. So he had to face the consequences, he was not pleased, he did stay in bed though. Just a few minutes later Brily got up & had the light on. (I left the t.v. on the blue screen for a night light until I could get to the store to get a different one.) Poor B, sometimes he is so afraid of the dark & I am pretty certain he has bad dreams. So when I open the door he instantly started crying, I didn't have the heart to spank him. I just told him that he needed to get into bed & that he was fine, brother was right there.


At that point I needed to get in the shower, it was 10:30p. I was in there probably 10 minutes & when I got out they were asleep!! YAY! I didn't have to cave & turn on the T.V. & it only took one warning & getting onto each of them once for a success! (Yes, I call last night a success! No T.V. was in itself a success!!!) They still slept pretty late today Jace was up at 10:30a & B was up at 30 minutes later, I blame the daylight savings for that.

Let me tell you though, their mood is 110% better, they are actually snuggling right now in the recliner watching a episode of Astro boy. Much nicer than them trying to strangle each other. Jace did get into a little mischief today, he decided to grab a permanent marker that I didn't have put up & jazz himself up a bit. He also colored on a piece of paper & hang it proudly on the refrigerator. Haha! I couldn't really get on to him, he was more upset that I wouldn't wash it off of him. He also colored his nails & if you know Jace he is ANTI-nail polish. So I teased him a bit about being a girl with painted nails (even though he looks Gothic with black nails haha!).

So one step in the right direction! Hopefully tonight will go just a little better & I will be pleased :)

No comments:

Post a Comment