Thursday, March 10, 2011

29 Weeks... Princess Long Legs

I had my last monthly appointment & ultrasound today. I officially go every 2 weeks now, we are closing in on the end. Here is a run down of basically how the appointment went.

(bullet style cause that is how I am rolling today.)

  • Princess has some LONG legs! She also has her daddy's nose & plump lips. I am assuming that her daddy & brother's have their work cut out for them.
  • Consistent kidney pain (2 weeks worth) & clear evidence from urine sample only concludes I have a bad kidney infection. I am on antibiotics for 2 weeks, according to doctor they are strong & if they make me sick I will have to have them through a IV.)
  • She is measuring a little bit big, obviously catching up from being a little petite at her last ultrasound.
  • We scheduled the C-section for May 23rd considering I have a wonderful pregnancy full of rainbows & unicorns, but with my pregnancy reputation I wouldn't count on that. Cox has a hospital policy that no C-sections can be scheduled for more that week before the due date unless it is medically necessary. With B I went to the doctor & she said we're having a baby today, I objected since it was my cousin's birthday & begged to wait until Monday. I suspect the same thing will happen again, just guessing though.
  • I got put on a diet :( Since baby is good sized & I have a higher risk of gestational diabetes, my doctor suggested I go ahead & take all precautions. I can basically have skim milk & water to drink. I also cannot have potatoes, noodles, white breads, starches, sweets, sugars, etc. Considering I could be a vegetarian this SUCKS! I could LIVE off potatoes & noodles. So while I bang my head, I remember I WANTED THIS, I just have to press on & try to survive. It could defiantly be worse!
  • I think she is scheduling a appointment with my urologist. YAY! **sarcasm**
  • I go back in 2 weeks on the 24th hopefully the kidney business is all better

I am not including the stats for this week since I just did them 3 days ago. I am trying to figure out a day to get a baby shower scheduled but we couldn't get a room on the original day & now some important people cannot come on the secondary date. I'm not sure what we are going to do.

Also, Big Black (my Suburban) has been acting foolish lately, the battery keeps going dead. Jake says the battery looks too small for it. I don't know but between that & the "run out of gas if it gets under a 3/4 of a tank because I'm a moody little girl" I am about to blow it up! So I have been driving the truck the last week or so since Jake hasn't had time to charge the battery & get some gas. So today I took the ONLY trusty vehicle, our $900 gas saver to Springfield to the doctor. Well his truck is stuck at the school, he thinks it is the fuel pump. All Chevy 1500 owners know that they are infamous for the fuel pumps going out. The fuel pump has whined since we bought it & well it decided that today it was D.O.N.E!! That is just another $300 we can pull from that money tree in the back yard. **back to reality** I guess we will just park it for a good while under that lousy money tree.


So overall not a wonderful day... Kidney Infection, Diet & a broken truck. On the bright side I was able to see my sweet girl. She had her hands, arms, legs & feet all in front of her face, it was too funny. He did get big black running but to be honest with you, I don't want to drive that gas guzzler. So until next time.... Toodle Loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment