Monday, January 3, 2011

What would you do? Honestly!

Alright, I have a major dilemma on my hands... Okay, maybe not major but it is annoyingly frustrating...

So you all remember from this post "The one & only Buzz Wing Pack."

backstory: Jace wanted this "buzz pack" for MONTHS, every time we strolled the isles of Wal-Mart he begged & pleaded for "buzz pack mama, BUZZ PACK Please!" Told everyone that he was getting a buzz pack for Christmas. I fretted & searched for it, debated ordering it from Amazon or just search all the local Wal-Marts. Luckily I found it at our local WM, the very last one & purchased it. I was fully aware of what was to come when I laid that puppy on the belt. I tried to talk myself out of it numerous time, telling myself "Fifty dollars is a little steep for ONE toy that is just a pair of wing." I obviously was a pansy & gave into his begging & pleading.

Okay, now that we're all on the same page. Christmas Eve he open "the" present, squeeled with joy, demanded his daddy open it right then! The wonderful glorious buzz pack was the greatest thing ever...





...FOR 2 HOURS!!! Yes, TWO hours!!! Now it's like he never ever even wanted the silly thing. I am stuck with a fifty dollar toy that he cares absolutely nothing about! Ask him where is buzz pack is & he said "I no no?"


You've got to be kidding me, his NEW favorite toy is a stick horse that we picked up at The Dollar Store for $6 bucks & the camera my mom got him. How disappointing!

Now to the dilemma, I saved the box just in case it broke, but you have to PLAY with it in order for it to even break! So should I be a scrooge momma and take the buzz pack back to the store? He does not care one bit about it, never asks for it. Quite frankly we could use the money & he has PLENTY of toys to play with. I would even replace it with a cheaper toy that would actually be played with. I just do not know what to do, I feel bad for taking his toy back but if it doesn't care & wouldn't miss it why wouldn't I?

Thanks in advance...

3 comments:

  1. I SO know what you mean! I hate spending all that money on a gift that they want so badly just to have it in the toy box never played with. Which is why I go as cheap as possible closely matching the gift to what they asked for and they never complain. Lol

    Honestly, I don't know what I'd do. Hell, $50 is $50! That's dinner for half the week! Lol Knowing my children and a toy they never play with, they wouldn't know it was missing until a month later anyway. Eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I just don't know. This is a tough one! Glad it's you & not me in this position! LOL Nonetheless, very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl. I would definitely take it back! I'm a mean mommy :)

    If he doesnt play with it, he probably wont even know it's gone! And you can use the $50 to take him to a science museum or the zoo.

    ReplyDelete